Troublemaker
Nightshade
MysticLightShinethForth
Maxx
Jonathan
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness Empty Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by Jonathan 11.03.19 17:05

Not sure if someone is interested in getting into this on the open forum but I’ll leave the question up for debate here regardless.

Have you used your practices of Asetian magick alongside those of Wizardry and Witchcraft? No need to get into detail but if so were you surprised with the outcome?

I'm aware that many in the Asetianist community venture into those paths of traditional magick and have found great results wielding these forces aligned with the Asetian mysteries.

Note: No, I'm not interested in hearing about Luciferian or Satanist practices for the purpose of this thread. I'm strictly speaking about hardcore witchcraft in the traditional sense as it was developed centuries ago in Europe. Thank you.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by Maxx 11.03.19 18:15

Good luck with that.
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness Empty Re: Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 12.03.19 4:52

Through my own practice I've been able to feel a deeper connection with Hekate when reading about this goddess or in thought although I don't directly dwell into traditional witchcraft per se. It seems that she condones my practices and it might vibrate upon a similar level in regards to that. I just have my own practices though and learn step by step the necessary fundamentals for my own art and craft. I can see, however, albeit intuitively, how witchcraft might potentially align with the Asetian mysteries or its magick as it seems that Asetianism from a remote age possibly had impact and influence even upon the creation and development of traditional witchcraft? It does indeed make sense that these forces would be able to intermingle in practice to a stronger effect, but that is just my own feeling, and I see no contradiction there based upon what little I know. Apart from that, I don't know all too much about traditional witchcraft per its framework and practice directly (only upon a slight notion and energetic feel), so sorry to disappoint, but I might look it up in the future. For now, I've got too many books piled up arleady, haha... Hopefully some other member will more satisfactorily be able to answer your questions. Sorry if this does not align too well however, but felt it would be good to answer, nonetheless. Smile
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1319
Registration date : 2014-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade 12.03.19 7:26

MysticLightShinethForth wrote:I can see, however, albeit intuitively, how witchcraft might potentially align with the Asetian mysteries or its magick as it seems that Asetianism from a remote age possibly had impact and influence even upon the creation and development of traditional witchcraft?

I have the opinion that Asetianism had a strong influence in the development of traditional witchcraft and Pagan culture in Europe. There are several aspects of magickal practice that appear to have roots in common and align very well. Adding to that, even culturally and historically it makes sense, as we know how Asetian culture migrated from Egypt into Europe during that same time period, so it seems only logical that Asetians being so heavily invested in magickal achievement and development to have influenced the early stages of witchcraft in Europe as teachers and initiators. Only wish to add that this traditional witchcraft is extremely different from how sometimes witchcraft is interpreted in the modern day, where new age religions such as British Wicca have a very limited understanding of it.
Nightshade
Nightshade
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 12.03.19 11:47

Interesting details regarding the history and movement of witchcraft. It makes a lot of sense that the Order could have deeply influenced its development in Europe.

When it comes to adding Asetianist elements to magickal practice, it feels more potent to substitute the Four Sons of Horus when calling elements. That was one detail that immediately struck me, since they would be an important foundation for magickal workings. In addition to this, I've noticed that some times of the day are more potent for different things, like the sunset and sunrise. And taking advantage of heavy storms is quite rewarding as well, for aid of inner balance and some workings.

There are many other things that come to my mind but I am not sure how to put it into words. I will say that I definitely have been surprised but in a good way. Certainly some things have only deepened my appreciation of this path as well as my respect for it. Over time, things shift and change as self is transmuted. Something hard to elucidate but unmistakable when felt.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1613
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 13.03.19 22:37

Luis Marques states most of what some of you are saying, just in different words. The Asetians entered Europe and influenced magick there, of course. The magic of sunrise and sunset is mentioned to be felt by Asetians as a memory of Geb and Nut's separation. Pure nature has energy to be harnessed and storms are one majorly charged form of nature.

Does everyone just plagiarize the Aset Ka? Plagiarism is also paraphrasing without reference. What are your own thoughts on the connection and use of Witchcraft and Asetianism together?

Think. Think.

Jonathan didn't ask for the already known information.

I won't add much here about my own practices with witchcraft alongside Asetianism because I already went too far sharing information on this site, besides the fact that Wicca led me to study Asetianism. My devotion to the divine came through study of Egyptian religion and practice of magick through the wiccan tradition. Though the religion of it is as dogmatic and influenced by Christianity and other "Light-Promoting" religions, there is darkness that is often overlooked in that practice and this overlooking and misidentification of the divine mother with a light archetype of a mother of love, light, peace and virginity differentiates wiccans from witches or luciferians. This isn't to say that light practices should be ignored either. Balance is key.

Calling the four elements is not the same as calling the Guardians of those four elements. Imset is not fire but the entity behind Fire and so on. They are not just Egyptian word substitutions or the like. They are not replacements for the elements. They are the entities that control them.

Heruset
Banned

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2015-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 14.03.19 1:54

I think most of us are aware that we are using those references so there is not much of a concern; it's not plagiarism. But yes, you are right, to an extent, about thinking for oneself. I won't go into debate though. Then Jonathan wouldn't be happy with his thread turning into something else, haha.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 14.03.19 5:54

Yes- I am aware that the four elements are not the same as the four Guardians.
Also, discussing is not plagiarism.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 14.03.19 8:20

You also might consider leaving your consistently egoic and bad attitude out of this thread and attempt to contribute something productive. Also learn the definition of plagiarism. Consult the dictionary and learn how to separate it from the concept of discussion. Think. Think.

Anyway, this was a very good thread started by Jonathan. Concerning traditional witchcraft, it is something I am beginning to study. The Four Sons of Horus being included in the public works was quite valuable and there is much depth to explore. Definitely there is more than meets the eye. It has inspired me to pick up new areas of exploration too. I hope people will continue to make decent, productive contributions to this thread and maybe give others, including myself, new (and mature) angles to think about.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 14.03.19 8:34

About the times of dawn and dusk, I am finding there is just a heightened emotion. I suspect anyone who follows the path of Asetianism and embraces their teachings would feel similar. Heightened emotion and those energetic shifts caused by the natural daily change is good for manifestation, meditation and other workings, just because the energy seems more alive. Perhaps someone can build off this. Practicing magick in tune with specific times sacred in Asetianism aligns with the original question, I think.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 15.03.19 9:20

I am sorry you felt attacked Rhea, and you’re right that it is not literally plagiarism. I didn’t try to come off as negative. It was just my natural approach.

I was trying to say, in my own way, that I would like to read more original thoughts about it and less on the facts, beliefs or mysteries already stated by Luis Marques.

If this offends you... well, who is being egoic? I like discussions as much as the next person. I like productive discussions. It didn’t seem that you were providing any original input to me and it seemed a little misinformed for outside readers who didn’t post but are reading so I added the notes that I did.

Heruset
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 15.03.19 9:26

This is not "offensive", but it is very distracting toward enlightening discussions. I did not add more and kept it less specific because I wanted to read other experiences and facilitate more sharing. Some things, no matter what path one follows, are a bit too personal for boards. I was hoping there would be a great discussion on this.
Anyway, yes, you might consider the way you come at topics because there is often a lot of talking down at people. Accusing people of plagiarism here is a bit much, nor is it even accurate. No one is publishing the concepts of Luis Marques and passing it as their own. It should be blatantly obvious that people are discussing Asetianist concepts for the sake of learning and debate, nothing more than that. I would also remind you that you didn't really add anything new to the discussion yourself.
So maybe we can put that aside and actually contribute something useful here?
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 15.03.19 9:42

I’ll put down mine if you put down yours. Twisted Evil

What practices of witchcraft do you feel are or aren’t compatible with Asetianism?

I have, since childhood, been connected to witchcraft, but of modern minds and intuition.
Mineralogy, herbology... these are aspects I find extremely compatible with the healing aspects of Asetianism, yet I knew about these topics much before I learned about Asetianism. I used to combine plants into potions and the like as a child.

Dream work, meditation... These are two exploratory practices I learned from psychological studies of Freud, Jung and others, and are practiced in the occult and witchcraft as well as in the Asetian tradition.

I would also like to say that practices were also adopted from other cultures INTO Asetianism and we don’t all know exactly where all of those practices came from.

Heruset
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Heruset 15.03.19 9:45

I forgot to mention a major one.

Shamanistic practices are compatible.

Heruset
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 13.06.19 5:52

@jonathan:
lay down the ley line, par isis to rotterodamum. no pomerium is built on cain nor able.

if lost ask aquino and use the niners before they use you.

hope to see you soon and we can have our open exchange system on the role as you are so nicely demanding here.
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2013-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 04.07.19 4:36

My language will never be eloquent or fit this site, but i have my reasons for it. That being said, i still promised an answer. So here it goes:
I'm finally getting heared at home. And because of that things are moving the way they should have years ago. I am being forcefully grounded and cleaned for the next 10 weeks. My vision is getting better, but also my understanding about family needs. Especially in the health section concerning spiritual food. This goes for all my loved ones at this point. Acceptance of my place within my family and the involved duties are getting more easily accepted and are starting to be more fluent.
When im outside or alone im getting less noticed, so i have more peace and also more time for my own development. Pressure to leave the country is stll here though, but its making me less and less depressed.
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 04.07.19 4:40

Ow i forgot to mention: the surprise hasnt arrived yet. Waiting eagerly though.
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 16.08.19 14:11

Currently reading a book named "Letters from the Devil's Forest: An Anthology of Writings on Traditional Witchcraft, Spiritual Ecology and Provenance Traditionalism", a very interesting, good book, but only 177 pages into it so far of its roughly 700 pages. Is it something you have read, Jonathan? How do you reason about it, as per its quality, if so? I find it very enriching personally but you probably hold far more experience with this kind of subject.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 02.03.21 4:28

@jonathan:
Laylines are working. now dothe same, but with google maps and you should be able to look around in the arrived surroundings.

And oww igot nicely surprised about a month ago, thanks drunken
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticLightShinethForth 02.03.21 6:07

Not witchcraft but rune magick. I've found it to align quite well under Asetian magick. It's as if, through the latter, the former is used far more elegantly. There's a certain finesse that arises through it that feels inexplicably linked to Asetian forces and influence, almost like your hand of carving or writing the runes becomes a Violet hand that far more easily and effectively brings up the energies of the runes and manifests them through the shape and knowledge of the runes. Whereas under normal circumstances I'd require lots of contemplation to manifest the energies of the runes, under this approach it happened far more instantaneously however not rash, then, like lacking thought, but quite gracefully and swift, when under the influence of Asetian energies. However, this has only happened one time, thus far, and I haven't given it much more thought or consideration to do it again since after that. This thread reminds me of the possibility, again, and I might venture into it under a new try. I can certainly see, from that experience, how Asetian magick can very well so align with witchcraft practices, then, however - perhaps under the same, or a very similar, principle.
MysticLightShinethForth
MysticLightShinethForth
Expert
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 24.03.21 12:06

witchcraft to hurt and destroy,
suffering as a means to an end.
preparing for a future yet to come,
lonely is the road.

life shows, life cares.
it's time,
people leaving,
their highest bidder yet to come.
were do we go, what do we do?
we live, we laugh, we dance.
LIFE!
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by 8lou1 13.04.21 14:53

@jonathan: ok, it's walking, what do you want to discuss?
8lou1
8lou1
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Asetian Magick and Witchcraft - The Magus of Darkness Empty Ancient roots in a modern path

Post by SorcierRog 06.06.21 12:18

[The following extracts below are taken from ‘Opuscula Magica Volume 1: Essays Witchcraft and the Sabbatic Tradition’, specifically the article entitled ‘Hekas’ written by Andrew D. Chumbley prior to 2003 and published by Three Hands Press in 2010.  These quotes are shown here for academic research and academic consideration only.  No parts of the quotes below should be shared without proper accreditation to the author and publisher. ]

In answer to the question that Jonathan posed, “Have you used your practices of Asetian magick alongside those of Wizardry and Witchcraft? ”,  I would like to offer the following extracts below from one of the books that I am currently studying with regard to sabbatical witchcraft, in particular the material that is available to  outer court students of Sabbatical Witchcraft or Sorcery.  I present them here as a singular example of how Egyptian magic can be a part of  modern magical practice and as an example of how they are intertwined at their foundation.  For myself, in my own studies and practice, knowledge of Asetian magick complement and in some cases are inherently part of my path. This includes a  book I am currently studying,  ‘Opuscula Magica’,  from which there is:

“…There is a thread of ancient gnosis which lies in the hands of the Sabbatic Initiate whether he know or not .. it remains there to empower his work….We should however not neglect to mention Egypt, for it is from Khem - the Black Land - that we derive the word which is oft' the first word in a magical rite and which I have given as the title for this article - 'Hekas'. Here the word existed in the form of Heka or hekau meaning 'the power of magick'; … and thus supplies us with a totemic association with the batrachia employed by the Witch and the Horsewhisperer…’Hekas' also gave us Hekate .... the Greek name of the Goddess who keeps the Gateway of the Triple Cross-roads, ‘Hexe’ … the Spell, Mark or Charm, ‘Hag'- the Black Goddess of the Old Moon, who in Khem was represented as Hekt the frog-headed mother of incantation. It was in Egypt that the role of Stellar Worship was at  an apotheosis in recorded history; as Man looked to the heavens there turned the Great Dragon about the zenith, marking out the year and tracing the ancient circle in the firmament of Nu….” -Andrew Chumbley

Obviously, I cannot speak for other practitioners, but knowledge of the ancient source of magical essence is most important to advancement on my own path.  Other works by Mr. Chumbley that have been a help to me include, ‘The Dragon Book of Essex’.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 06.06.21 14:27

That is an excellent quote SorcierRog, thanks for posting it here as it is much relevant, and that is a very good book!

Since you mentioned Chumbley's dragon book, which is a classic, how do you interpret its potential connection with Seth when studying it from an Asetian prespective? Or was that connection found only in The Azoetia? I'm no longer sure, it has been years since I've read them.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by SorcierRog 06.06.21 14:50

Jonathan wrote:...Since you mentioned Chumbley's dragon book, which is a classic, how do you interpret its potential connection with Seth when studying it from an Asetian prespective? Or was that connection found only in The Azoetia? I'm no longer sure, it has been years since I've read them.

I have really only begun the study and work of the DBoE as it takes a couple years or so to get through all of the cycles and practices.  My best understanding is that the DBoE is focused on what is called stellar transvocation which is a theurgic operation in which the practitioner identifies with the stellar dragon.  At this point in my studies, I cannot say how or if there is a Sethian connection, but I do conflate serpent and dragon.
SorcierRog
SorcierRog
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2020-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next