Talibah
Aghrab
Ankhhape
19 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Vampire Watchers Empty Vampire Watchers

Post by Aghrab 02.06.09 19:14

Within the thread that I made for the one year anniversary of Vampirism Forum, the Vampire Watchers group were mentioned, so I decided to throw out a few questions and hear your opinions.

Years ago I heard about their organization, and how they watch, from afar, Orders like the Aset Ka and the Red Order of Seth... so it got me to think, do you believe that at any time, any curious watcher would dare to get a bit closer to one of the strong Orders, resulting in getting severely hurt, or even killed? Personally, I have not heard of any cases, but I do believe that there may have been deaths due to this. They seem to have a lot of information on the orders, giving them enough power to get a bit closer. Also, Anne Rice, in her book series of “The Vampire Chronicles”, has an organization that is inspired by the existence of the Vampire Watchers. It is called the Talamasca. A group of people who study the paranormal, and their organization headquarters is called the Mother House. You can do some research on this and see the resemblance.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Vampire Watchers Empty Re: Vampire Watchers

Post by Ankhhape 02.06.09 19:28

No, they seem to keep their distance quite well, out of respect.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 02.06.09 19:35

I don't think we can ever truly know that they behave, Ankhhape. The WVG consists of curious beings as well, who may at some point wish to play with fire, get closer than they should.

I look forward to reading the thoughts of members who may be more familiar with the VWG.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 02.06.09 19:39

I look forward to reading the thoughts of members who may be more familiar with the VWG.
You may look forward to these thoughts but few here will have been closer to the VWG than I was.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 02.06.09 19:41

I believe there have been incidents in the past because of VWG agents going a bit too far and tacking actions by their own hands. However, I don't have much more information about it except some friends that have had closer contact with the group. I will wait for Victor's comments on this that seems to have more insight over this organization.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 02.06.09 23:45

With all respect Ankhhape, believing such an organisation would 'respectfully' keep their distance is a somewhat fanciful idea.

True, they would keep their distance, if only to avoid drawing unnessessary attention to their activities, I am not suggesting that they do not possess some respect to each of the major Orders, but I suspect it is more out of personal safety, than actual reverance for the Order itself.
Much like the aforementioned Talamasca - a research group dubbed 'The Great Family' who had their own agendas and schedules, despite knowing other parties knew of their existence - there was an uneasy balance between them.

I think that if an individual or group of individuals from the VWG were to get too close to something they ought not to, something on the unpleasant side could occur. But I doubt that the Aset Ka would be careless enough to let slip anything that could lead to such a thing.

I expect it is a case of mutual tolerance. Each knows of the others' existence, and certain unspoken rules are expected to be adhered to. So long as the rules are not played with too much, the balance remains.

But as always, these are only my thoughts. Interesting subject though.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 03.06.09 0:50

Indeed interesting. I had heard of the organization, though I wasn't aware of their actual name. I have yet to learn more about their workings, so I look forward to the contributions from others more knowledgeable.

However, Victor said that there is influence from them on this forum. That could very well be, as it looks from the VWG website. Yet, I do not see any hostility towards vampirism in here, nor in there. So it would seem to me that the whole purpose of their existence is to generate a balance and, as someone mentioned, create a force of defense on the human side - which is no doubt replicated on the other side.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 03.06.09 12:09

It is natural that you may have heard about them, Syrianeh, but under different names. VWG is just one of the many designations they take and one of the many names by which they operate. They are a shadow society, extremely secretive and what they do... they do it well.
The VWG was formed a few centuries ago, presumably in Europe, by a group of scholars that were interested in better understanding the highly hidden society of Vampires. During this time, they have gathered vital information on every vampiric order in existence, as well as most of the major covens. They spread throughout the entire world and are now very resourceful, being the AK and the ROS their primary interest. However, they hold no political stance in the conflicts between both orders, they don't favor the Asetians nor the Sethians, they study both in the exact same way. But as with every other organization, their members are very diverse, and surely there are agents that would nurture more respect for the AK, as there are others that would favor the ROS if at their grasp. It is all a very complex subject, and VWG is known for having a broad network of field agents. Some speculate even if they might not be infiltrated inside some of the vampire orders, although in some that seems to be almost impossible to be true.
As their group grew more influential, it drew the attention from some external powers, including governments and other institutions that saw in this group a mechanism of defense against a possible threat. So, by many, the VWG is seen as a weapon that can be used against Vampires, and despite its major motivation was and still is the better understanding of Vampires and its proper documentation, it is also a safety net created by humans in their own secret defense projects, in the case of a possible rise from an old forgotten and sleeping Empire... like the one held by the Asetians thousands of years ago.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 03.06.09 14:08

Wow. Another great post, Victor. Thank you for all the information.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 15.06.09 1:37

I don't believe the Vampire Watchers will always keep their distance. They seem to have quite some power to get close to the greater Orders and communities, and I am sure there are many who will allow their curiosity to go a bit too far... and therefore they will get hurt. So I would not be surprised to hear some cases of people getting killed or hurt for this. I don't see the AK or the ROS as Orders that will accept anyone breaking their codes.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 15.06.09 7:16

I agree with Dreamer and I have heard myself of some cases of VWG agents that got caught up in the traps of Vampires. Even rumors about murders. I have also heard the other way around, in cases of some VWG action teams tricking Vampires and such. It is kind of a heavy subject.
And as always, great post Victor.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellen 15.06.09 13:30

I agree with Ankhhape on this .
The subject made me remember the movie Highlander :

Joe Dawson explains the Watchers to Duncan MacLeod:

"For as long as your kind's been around, we've been watching.
We observe, we record, but we never interfere.
Too much of man's history has been lost.
When you get through all of life's crap, the only thing that matters is the truth.
We want the truth about Immortals to survive, not a bunch of old wives' tales.
If we had revealed your secret in more superstitious times, you can imagine the witch hunts. (...) And today... You'd probably end up on page three in one of those supermarket rags next to the two-headed monkey and I'd've been in a straight jacket
The Watchers are a secret society that observes the lives of the Immortals without revealing themselves."

Those watching and considering Imortals as dangerous for humankind i personally ,tend to see as different from VW .
What I belive , this is not teritory for unstable beings ,and those who are not loyal ,are not accepted by any of sides , and fail .

Hellen
Hellen
Hellen
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Vampire Watchers Empty Vampire Watchers today?

Post by Lightseeker 07.08.12 4:45

Hello,

Since some time I have been interested in Vampirism in general and in the Asetian tradition in particular. In my search for the Vampire Watchers Group I found this forum and registered.
Perhaps someone here can help me? I would really like to get into contact with the Vampire Watchers and have searched the web for some time now. However the only things I found were the old forum which apparently closed down in 2007 and two e-mail addresses which are no longer valid. The old VWG website is unfortunately also offline and not available in the "wayback" archive either.
Therefore, my question is thus: Does anyone know where the Vampire Watchers might be found today or does anyone here know of a still valid e-mail address? Also, is the old website still viewable somewhere?
If someone can help me with this (or perhaps there is even a member of the Watchers somewhere on this board) please post here or write me a PM. I would be very grateful because I really looked everywhere else for this group but I have found little.

Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2012-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 07.08.12 18:58

They are nowhere and everywhere.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 08.08.12 4:01

Hi Jonathan,

I think I understand what you mean by this reply. If they weren't "everywhere and nowhere" they probably couldn't fullfil their purpose.
However, fact is also that they did have a website and a forum even if both seem to have only existed briefly. In the last post on their forum before it closed down the admin wrote they were now going to a "more private place". So the question remains where this "more private place on the internet" is?
I am not trying to find this out because of pure curiosity. I myself do not consider myself a "vampire" but I am very interested in researching the vampiric tradition so I am looking for a group with which I can share my experiences and findings. The Watchers sound like the right thing for me.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 08.08.12 9:13

Just a detail that I'm not sure if you're aware, you don't have to be a vampire to follow Asetianism, to go deep into this tradition or even to be a member of the Aset Ka. Actually, you don't even have to be Asetian. They developed the tradition based on the teachings that Aset passed down to them, but they welcome anyone into this path of self-discovery. Vampirism is just a part of what they are.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 12.08.12 6:55

This is my last post on this topic because I don't want to be too much of a nuisance. Yesterday I spent hours searching for the old VWG forum which I discovered had the (now defunct) address http:/vampirewatchers.pt.vu.
I wasn't able to find it on any of the web archive machines or anywhere else which was quite frustrating. Therefore if anyone knows of an archived version or has any texts he might have copied from the above site while it was still active please write me a PM. Thank you very much.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 12.08.12 7:46

Personally, I don't think the VWG is some powerful group, I think it was just some website with that name, most likely inspired by Ann Rice's Talamasca. You are not going to find anything more than little info about the closed website, which had some posts on it that were from people asking questions associated with Asetians and the like. I've yet to see any proof of them being real or being some powerful group. Others will disagree with me, which is totally fine, we are all entitled to our own personal opinions.

What I will say, is that if your focus is on this group, the VWG, then your time and focus is being spent on that which will not lead to growth. Your time is best served reading the AB and gaining the wisdom that is shared in it. Focus on growth. However, do as you will, of course as it is not my place to tell you what to do.
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kalb 12.08.12 10:26

Jonathan wrote:Just a detail that I'm not sure if you're aware, you don't have to be a vampire to follow Asetianism, to go deep into this tradition or even to be a member of the Aset Ka. Actually, you don't even have to be Asetian. They developed the tradition based on the teachings that Aset passed down to them, but they welcome anyone into this path of self-discovery. Vampirism is just a part of what they are.

Clap
Kalb
Kalb
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1280
Registration date : 2009-10-28

http://twitter.com/#!/st7lk3r

Back to top Go down

Post by EdwardCullen 29.06.16 16:09

I'm not sure what you guys are talking about regarding "vampire watchers"... I know of a group which I've always personally referred to as "watchers" and they generally Coe out and attack if they do not agree with what you're doing... And as far as I know they are a shadow/demon society - but also have some Angels involved. Angelic group. I think it has to do with anyone becoming powerful they like to bring anyone down who has the potential of tapping into personal power which will be unable to be tapped by anyone else. So they wait for someone coming out of any kind of oppressed mental/spiritual state before they can be free and knock them down usually. They probably would attack anyone and only need a person to be unprotected in order for them to be open to attack.
EdwardCullen
EdwardCullen
Banned

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina767 21.09.16 15:59

So there is absolutely no more information about them? No articles, nothing?
Karina767
Karina767
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2016-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by hikaze 07.07.17 16:16

Can anyone provide info on these groups? I assume we are not talking about the vampire council nor the hunters and slayers? :X hope i didn't spout off confidential
hikaze
hikaze
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2017-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightseeker 06.03.19 4:38

I haven't been posting here for some years but I do occasionaly drop by to read.

Anyway, back when I first joined I tried to find out more about the Watchers Group, but without much success. However, I have finally managed to make contact with them some months ago and I have been initiated as a member.

I cannot disclose too much about it because it is essentially a secret society, but I am willing to answer any questions you might have to the best of my abilities. However, please note that I am not so high up in the hierarchial structure and therefore make no claim to be able to answer everything. Also, please DO NOT approach me with questions on how to establish direct contact with the Watchers or on how to become a member. I am not permitted to disclose such information.

Anyway, this message is not some sort of troll, if you read my other posts from years ago I think you will be able to see that I am a serious researcher.

As a sidenote, I write "Watcher Group" and not "Vampire Watcher Group", because that is the official name (although we are also known as simply "Watchers" or "The Order", with our ruling body being the Watchers' Council). Researching vampires and their activities is only a small part of what we do, we also "watch" a host of other supernatural and psychic phenomena.
Lightseeker
Lightseeker
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 06.03.19 5:01

I've been in contact with them for quite a while now. Just humans doing their research and investigation in a serious way. They do have solid information on the Aset Ka and Red Order of Seth. It's also better documented than most. Their lodges out of Europe are minor, even though they operate on a global scale, but they focus in Europe as the center stage of vampire and occult influence. We all know how things here in the US have been developing at a steady pace over the years but communities are still in their early stages, with most of the population still uninterested and deceived by popular occultism. Truth is America doesn't yet have the vast and well established occult societies that exist in Europe and Asia.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Troublemaker 06.03.19 7:58

Interesting. Thank you both for sharing.
Troublemaker
Troublemaker
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1613
Registration date : 2013-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next