goingpostal
sungodaurora
Hellen
Daniel09
Aghrab
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aging Discomfort? - Page 2 Empty Re: Aging Discomfort?

Post by Maxx 03.07.09 16:49

I certainly agree there 100 per cent, Jon.

To achieve immortality, you certainly have to work at achieving it, it is not given to everyone. And not everyone is even interested in working at anything.

There are all kinds of views on this board,

Maxxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 03.07.09 17:08

Diversity of views can be good, since it generates discussion and that can promote knowledge and understanding (or not... bounce ).
But nice that we agree on this. That seems to be a major concept within the Asetian tradition, since they clearly state that naturally the human soul can die, and it does die, if enlightenment and immortality are not achieved. They surely don't take immortality for granted, but see it as a divine trait that can only be reached by the worthy, in a long and hard path of personal evolution, Self-development and initiation. A very distinctive line pushing them away from mainstream religion (and most New Age cults as well), where immortality is accepted as a natural right, for granted, or based on "if you accept something" (like Christ, for example), which is done for the sake of gathering followers (and money!).
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 04.07.09 12:43

If I weren't a medium I could probably consider your theories. However, since my gift of mediumship was discovered in December of 2007 and since I've been successfuly delivering messages to people from their loved ones. I can tell you that your theory is coming out from your heads, while my awareness is coming from my very intimate experience with a Spirit world. Yes, the Soul is mortal but the Spirit is not. Those who have achieved enlightment have their Soul and their Spirit unite as one and no longer have mortal Soul. So when they reincornate it is by choice, because they are here to lead others to the unification of the Soul and the Spirit as One. The goal of the Enlightment is not about becoming One with others but one with your own Spirit, since our Spirits already exist as one with each other in a Universal unison.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 04.07.09 13:14

I can certainly see where those experiences you mention would lead you to the conclusion you put forth.

But I disagree.

From my experience, I have found that being able to deal with spirits does not mean that everything they put forward is the last word in truth. I have seen spirits misrepresent the entity they are telling you that they are.......for instance an angel actually being a demon and a demon actually being an angel........same as being an individual the spirit saying they are......and not being that person that is deceased....

There was another subject posted here that I almost got into the conversation but decided not to as it goes too deep for many here in that most of the astral beings or beings in dreams are non existance anyway......and if you know how to deal with it, you can suddenly see they disappear and are not real anyway........in reverse, one has to know how to deal with them to assure what you are dealing with is real.
Very, Very few are capable of finding out the real spirit.

This process was part of the initiation the Egyptian rulers had to successfully overcome to proceed to pass into the next situation. The entire process was not one where they were born with it........they had to work for it, or someone else took it over.

Maxxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 04.07.09 16:41

I believe Maxx stated an important point in here. The fact is that most mediums have open channels to an ethereal realm populated by many sort of beings. Those are usually lower beings and not higher entities. That means they lie and deceive. Sometimes those are just ways to draw attention of the living, other times they do it to accomplish their own agendas and plans. Being in the spirit realm gives them access to much information that for the living would seem "magickal" and almost impossible for them to know, like our own secrets... but of course, most of the times they can read our minds, if we don't know techniques of advanced shielding. This leads many people to encounters with the "dead", when many times are just other beings pretending to be them and deceiving the so-called mediums. Things are not as clear and straightforward as people think, and the reality is far more complex than what they imagine.
Same thing applies to countless people that claim to contact higher beings, angels and higher entities all the time, when I must say that is a very rare thing to happen. Most people can only access the lower realms and that is very far from where higher entities roam, but they get deceived by the lies, stories and things that lower beings tell them. They get manipulated, and start believing in the lies created by lower spirits and even demons.

Also, I never said that humans cannot reincarnate. Of course they can. But that does not mean they are immortal. It does not mean they can reincarnate forever. That means they have several chances to evolve and develop themselves, spiritually and metaphysically, by the course of several lives. But reality is that in each lifetime their souls are aging, degrading and dying. Spiritual evolution may help to keep those souls young, and it is only part of the secret workings to achieve immortality (or at the very least, a longer spiritual lifetime across the ages). This is explained and addressed in the Asetian Bible, although to many people that deal with the other realms of the spirits, this is nothing new, and can be validated and explored by metaphysical practice and interaction with the spirit world. Spirits are not something permanent and immortal, they age and die... and it goes even further, despite their aging, they can even be destroyed and killed, but I would leave that for some other discussion.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by empress2k 04.07.09 17:54

I do not know where you Jon live (I do know where Maxx lives though..Smile ) but I can tell you that in Los Angeles Couty mediumship is no longer an isolated phenomenon. Humanity is in the process of assenssion and what used to take life times to learn is no longer the case. Time moves much faster as we approach 2012. You cannot compare abilities of humans to evolve to that of the people 5,000 years ago. Besides, the information is pouring out from every where. Even Asetians have decided to come out public with what they felt was important for the world to know.

Most of the time I work with a group of clairvoyant, clairaudient and clairsentient mediums who have been doing it for various lenght of time. We have been doing it for years, and trust me, we know very well how to prepare the space before we begin and how to ensure that those people who join us do not leave with bunch of attachments.

To say that only a few are able to communicate with real spirits is only a perception. My best friend is 57 years old from UK who have been communicated with other realms since she was six. Her father was a Grand Master of the Masonic Lodge and worked for the United Nations, so she is not the only one gifted in her family. Among many friends I have, she is just one example. I have another friend who works as a Crime Scene Investigator and have recently began using her skills as a psychic-medium on her job.

Yes, there are certain entities that will try to decieve, but they might decive a beginning practitioner. I have disolved more then one of those in this lifetime and quite successfully, although they were not trying to decieve me, just wanted to hang around. I have very low tolerance for them.
empress2k
empress2k
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 06.07.09 4:30

As bad as it is to quote oneself (and to get back on topic)...
Do I see aging as a negative part of life? Well...it is an inevitable part of life, and each day I wake I am grateful for the chance to be here. However, each year lasts a little less than the one before, and I find as time goes on I have less and less time to do all the things I once thought I had eternity to do them in.

I have given this subject some more thought, and have tried to be honest with myself and to put aside social thinking. The conclusion I have come to is this; I do see aging as a negative part of my life.

I appreciate the opportunities opened up during the passage of life - the things learned and experienced during that time. But the actual process of aging, becoming frailer both physically and mentally, is in my opinion a negative thing.
Whilst it would be wonderful for everyone here to agree that getting old is simply another part of life, and that just as much good can be found in being old as it can in being young, I personally will have to bow out of that line of thinking.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 06.07.09 13:22

empress2k wrote:Humanity is in the process of assenssion and what used to take life times to learn is no longer the case. Time moves much faster as we approach 2012. You cannot compare abilities of humans to evolve to that of the people 5,000 years ago. Besides, the information is pouring out from every where. Even Asetians have decided to come out public with what they felt was important for the world to know.
I must completely disagree with this.

Humanity is not in the process of ascension, quite on the contrary. We are living times where people dwell more in the mundane than ever, where people care more about expensive clothing, cars and objects than the actual connection between themselves, the Universe and the Divine. Times where people create wars for money, oil and politics; no longer for honor and survival. You say we cannot compare the abilities of humans to the ones 5000 years ago, but yet 5000 years ago magick was common practice in nearly every culture, major temples were active in places like Egypt, Sumer and Babylon, where powers were manifested in ways that we cannot see to this day. Those were the times of magick and metaphysical powers, that modern people still try to discover how they knew what they knew and were capable of doing what they did. Is this the evolution of modern human beings? In many ways, from the metaphysical knowledge to the scientific development, ancient cultures like the Egyptians were light years ahead of modern day society. They had engineering and medicine that till this day people cannot comprehend, not to mention the powers of their high magick, how different it was from the disgrace we see these days in mainstream occultism. We live an era of ignorance and major prevail of monotheistical faiths, promoted by manipulative empires and political agendas, and you call that... ascension? The world's vibration and energy is more stagnated than ever, and magick no longer works as naturally as it used to.
You mentioned that the Asetians came out to the public because they felt it was important for the world to know... but that is not true. The Asetians could have changed the world at any time they wanted, and yet they never did. Everything they are doing is not to tell the world a story, nor to teach the world anything. They left mankind to their destiny since the days they stop leading the empire in Egypt and left the Pharaonic throne for mankind to rule. Now their empire is one of silence and of the Spirit. They left humans for them to do their own mistakes, and learn - or not - from them. To ensure responsibility over their own actions, and also because they were tired of the small mentality usually present in humanity, that just crave for power...
The recent activity from the Asetians and their secret world is to fulfil their own agendas, and only them can truly explain the central goals of what they long to accomplish with these actions. One of the important objectives that seems to be connected with the strong attitude taken by the Aset Ka in the past years is a form of reawakening to lost Asetians, and in some way reunite the divine Family and allies. This can be due to many things, but most likely to face their secretive nemesis, an ancient force, far greater than a decadent humanity - the Sethians.

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 06.07.09 13:31

Now then. This is what makes this forum worth reading.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 06.07.09 13:37

Amazing post as always.

Yet, Humanity has always been decadent, hasn't it? Anything clasical or ancient has a romantic tint to it, like it is more important than whatever is going on at the present time. What is preserved from Ancient times - be it Egyptian, Sumerian, Mayan, or Chinese - is especially transcendental because at the time only the Scribes, Kings and laymen were knowledgeable or powerful enough to write down their traditions and knowledge and to preserve these writings (engravings, monuments, etc.) in such a way that they lived through the times. Popular culture, which was as vulgar as it is today, remained mostly in the dark because it was limited to folklore and the spoken word.

In today's world we have a greater level of literacy, and also many more tools of communication and recording of our thoughts. Writing, editing and printing is at anyone's reach, as is reading, and with the Internet this has grown exponentially.

Thus, we are exposed to ALL of the mainstream, unevolved, fluffy culture/literature, which is often mixed up with the work of the truly knowledgeable. The voice of the populus rises above the voice of the wise, and that confuses us.

I know you speak at a greater level, touching upon monotheistic religions and the material nature of society. But, as with the Asetians, the truly ancient traditions are still very much alive, pulsating among us. I would say the same of other major underground treasures of knowledge. They are just there for us to discover and be worthy of making ours.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 06.07.09 17:45

Thank you for your time to come here and post some of your words, Maktub.
Insightful as always...
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 07.07.09 0:12

A powerfully astute and emotive post, Maktub. Thank you.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilded 16.07.09 23:56

Interesting topic, and great post Maktub, thank you for informing us with such valuable knowledge.

As for myself and my own feelings about aging... I tend to find it quite a hard thing to handle. I personally am a very young-at-heart woman, aging for me is not an easy thing... Not because of my appearance changing as I age, no, but because of fearing that I may not be able to do the amazing things that now, with a young body, I can do. I fear not being able to travel as often or have the eyesight to read the books that I now so appreciate reading. But the best thing to do, is not to worry for the future. Live the moment and embrace the beauty that you can experience while you are able to experience it.
Gilded
Gilded
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 12.09.09 0:37

Aghrab wrote:It does not matter if you are young or if you are older, this question applies to everyone... What do you feel about aging? Do you see it as a negative part of life?
I believe aging to be something internally beautiful, because as we age, we learn the beauties of life and evolve spiritually, if that is our Will and goal, but... I do, on the other hand, see aging as a bit hard to handle. I am quite young to worry now, but I am sure that one day when I am aging, I will worry, because there is so much in this life I wish to experience, magickal places I wish to visit such as Egypt and Portugal... I want to have the physical energy to stand on my own feet and do what I enjoy until my last days...
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Post by Elyon 17.09.09 3:12

Actually, I find aging kind of funny; I see the changes on the body and they seem like notches on a belt, my exterior in no way compliments my mind set, which suffers a severe Peter Pan complex Wink I'm very jouvenille and wild, and suppose will be until I wear this body out. I do not see aging as bad, sure I'd like to be the 18 year old kid unitl the body expires, but it's just a body in the end. It really doesn't matter what it looks like, just as long as it remains (or I/you keep it) healthy, so I can do what needs to be done..
Elyon
Elyon
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by AnaInDark 18.09.09 12:36

Elyon wrote:Actually, I find aging kind of funny; I see the changes on the body and they seem like notches on a belt, my exterior in no way compliments my mind set, which suffers a severe Peter Pan complex Aging Discomfort? - Page 2 Icon_wink I'm very jouvenille and wild, and suppose will be until I wear this body out. I do not see aging as bad, sure I'd like to be the 18 year old kid unitl the body expires, but it's just a body in the end. It really doesn't matter what it looks like, just as long as it remains (or I/you keep it) healthy, so I can do what needs to be done..
Yes, but everyone's body, at one point, loses strength to travel and do much... even the brain at some point cannot handle much. That is what most of us fear. We feel that we have a young Soul wanting to do so much, create so much, and yet our shell disables us. It is sad...
AnaInDark
AnaInDark
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-09-11

http://www.twitter.com/AnaInDark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 18.09.09 21:06

I don't think so much it as sad, but more frustrating. I would hope that by the time my body and mind have reached their failing point that I will have done enough to feel that I hadn't wasted this life.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix 18.09.09 22:01

Em hotep, Ankhhape, my apology for missing your question over two months ago - just saw your post. I had just finished a short book on Kabbalah which focused on reuniting with God to break the constant cycle of death and rebirth. I applied the thought to Aset. Nothing much deeper than that.
Phoenix
Phoenix
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleina 01.07.10 21:50

I think that aging would be most uncomfortable for the youthful Asetians, whose souls have no idea of time and age.

Though not being an Asetian myself, it's a disturbing thought in my own mind which I try to ignore. I may be very young still, yet I do worry for the day I am old and cannot move my body as I can today. I want to be able to always remain young, and explore the world, but I guess this is the process of life and we must all obey the rules...
Aleina
Aleina
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-10-25

http://www.twitter.com/AleinaTheBitten

Back to top Go down

Post by AndreiaLi 04.07.10 16:49

As for my age, I'm 26.

Iam many times mistaken by having 19 physically, so as Daniel09 I also have young genes lol.

Aging physically was something that never bothered me, and I guess it will never bother. I don't mind about that.. and I'am not afraid of dealing with the agening process. It's part of Life. Age also brings more knowledge.
AndreiaLi
AndreiaLi
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2010-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N.Augusta 12.07.10 10:23

Growing old is the natural process of life, it beats the alternative!
N.Augusta
N.Augusta
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 277 20.07.10 3:45

It is negative and positive, just like it is meant to be to.

It does suck big time to see the first wrinkles , not so much because im "uglyer" becouse of it ... But it is a remainder that this life is turning and getting closer to death, then the youthfulness of life......Closer to lose your loved ones Sad

But then again, whit aging comes knowledge, and for some enlightenment.

So ass I said ... it has 2 sides .... or even more Wink

sincerely Divine

Note : I'm sorry, I'm a bit whiny to day, I'm turning 29 in 7 days; and I'm not sure if i like it .
Divine 277
Divine 277
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 1003
Registration date : 2010-03-01

https://www.facebook.com/academyofancientknowlege/?fref=ts

Back to top Go down

Post by Charby 16.12.17 15:56

I have no fear of the decline and, eventual loss of this body. It is enduring remarkably well but then, genetically it should be serviceable for at least 100 years, barring any fatal accident.

I am not my body, I will continue, perhaps with something of a wait for a new body, perhaps not so very long to wait but, I will continue on my journey.

I do think that some part of everyone is immortal but, often that is not the consciousness, only the energy that was the soul and, whether that can be reborn on this earth or not, I don't know. I do know that if you are able to retain your consciousness, the part that is who you are, then yes, you can be reborn on this earth, though starting again as an infant is a shock, if you remain aware when it happens. Perhaps that is why most forget that time, ans with it most of the life before.

I often wonder that if we achieve full, totally aware, immortality of the soul and consciousness, might then we be able to make the body follow suit, might we, through feeding and good stewardship of the body, find a way to prevent the decline of age, stop it from aging, or slow it so much that we might inhabit it for hundreds of years?

Whether that is possible or not, it is grand journey attempting it, refining and defining myself, seeking for the self and the awareness of that self to be so strong as to refuse to loose one iota of awareness or memory, no matter what becomes of the body and, to be able to take on a new body, and once of a suitable age in that new body, carry one where I left off in the previous body.

And if that is my goal, I cannot fear the death of the body. I will never know if I have achieved my goal unless the body dies so, it must die for me to learn, to advance, to improve and, to know that I need such improvements.
Charby
Charby
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2017-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubfac 10.02.21 3:50

Im 29
I can use childrens ticet if i want to

I dont like my age
I want to be a teenager

I want to be a walk in

Im sick
Liver collagen loss and anemi ( out of breath) so death is something i think about , i have had quite a good life and i have been in a coma 1 day
Sofia have had cancer but she got cured

I often daydream about becoming a vampire, avoiding death, having abillities and i want to look younger then i do now

I have had celulitie like (maybe not celulite) ass since i was 15. Also then a very small mostly unnoticable wrinkles in forhead. I should have not sat still so much i would have looked better then. Now i train more often since 2020 july but i still have damaged my skin quite a lot.

Cherubfac
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Cherubfac 10.02.21 3:57

I had a good life and i feel ready to die now

But physically im a wimp i could not stand not breathing
I already dont breath good and meditation attempts make it worse

I would ask where the morphine is

Cherubfac
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2020-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2