Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible?

+9
Karnath
Victor
Maktub
Talibah
Ankhhape
Aghrab
Jonathan
Helliana
Elendor
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible? Empty Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible?

Post by Talibah 22.08.08 10:52

I hope that I am posting this in the correct place, if not then please do move it to somewhere more appropriate.

I too have only recently obtained a copy of the AB, and find myself spending countless hours reading, then reflecting on what I have learnt.

But I do have some early reservations....I have connected with so much of what I have read, on both an emotional and spiritual level, that I have started questioning whether it is just a case of 'wishful thinking' on my behalf.

I am a sensible person, not taken to fads or trends. I know my own mind and rarely, once I have formed an opinion, do I allow anyone to sway me from it.
However...and I suppose my question is this...could it be possible for a newly awakened 'vampire', or indeed an unawakened one, to be so affected by the AB..?

I am not quite sure what to believe of myself at the moment...and I will admit to being somewhat confused. I guess I just don't want to fall foul of my own imagination in pursuit of some 'meaning' in my life.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions on this...Embarassed
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible? Empty Re: Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible?

Post by Elendor 22.08.08 11:05

Hello Talibah and welcome to the forum.

Your post wasn't really on the most appropriated section, since it is not related with Sethians at all. So I moved it to Vampires section as a new thread. I have also split your introduction post in the Off Topic section since you created it inside Kebi's introduction. When you have something new to share or questions to formulate towards the community, feel free to create a new topic on them and no need to use already existant topics if not fully related or in the wrong section. Just makes the forum more organized and easy to follow by our readers.

Thank you for your understanding and enjoy the community.

Elendor
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-06-01

https://www.vampirismforum.com

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible? Empty Re: Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible?

Post by Ankhhape 22.08.08 11:50

Em hotep Talibah,
It has been said that the AB, among many things, is also a 'calling tool' to those who may not know if they are Asetian or vampiric.
Blessed Aset is calling her Children home.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 22.08.08 13:16

Your question makes a lot of sense.

The Asetian Bible was developed by beings that are experts in the ancient art of symbolism, hidden meanings and subtle magick. Asetians are the masters in the power of words, and no doubts that Luis Marques is one of the greatest in that forgotten art.

It is not only possible, as most likely, that any vampire, both awakened or unawakened, feels deeply for the work that is presented in the Asetian Bible. As the Aset Ka told us, you have with you more than just a book, but a powerful metaphysical tool. The catch is that this tool does not work and communicate with most people, but it only resonates with the ones that can see it deeper and evolve from it.
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 22.08.08 16:17

Thank you for your responses, and please forgive the somewhat sceptical nature of the question. I know there is still much more for me to learn, and I know much of it won't be through the AB. But I wanted to get opinions before I delved any deeper.

And my apologies, Elendor for causing you the extra work of sorting out my misplaced posts.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Helliana 26.08.08 15:30

The Asetian Bible has changed my life in more ways than one. So yes, an awakened or an unawakened vampire can be heavily swayed and influenced by the AB. I agree with what everyone else has said before.

I hope you continue to learn. =]
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 156

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 26.08.08 16:32

That is certainly possible Talibah.
The Asetian Bible is a tool of transcendence and evolution. Some of its wordings and contents are highly magickal and vibrate within ourselves. Never forget that by reading it, we are reading words of an Asetian Elder, a beloved of the Asetian Family, like the Master Luis Marques.

Jon
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.08.08 17:15

I wonder how do we know for sure that Luis is a member of the Aset Ka?

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 26.08.08 18:00

The book gives many hints about that, without saying it explicitly. But for the ones that study these things for years, Luis Marques is not a new personality. Many of some not-so-public works from the Aset Ka were developed by him in the past, along with other renown personalities from the AK.

Luis Marques is not only a high ranked member of the Aset Ka, as he is also an Elder. A highly respected Soul within the Family.

I am sure many others here are in position to confirm this...
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.08.08 18:35

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping to not offend, only to get to the truth. Sometimes I feel somewhat like the section of chaos magic group where there is always assigned a person to question and take the opposite side of any statements written by a certain person. They say it is to keep balance in the structure. Who knows? That is just my nature.

I have to say also that as I began to read the Asetian Bible I had reached page 64 before things changed a little. Prior to that I saw nothing there that was not common knowledge to anyone doing half a research and I began to say that I was not going to read this New Age publication that falls into all the other goo written just to cop a pocket of change $. A waste of time. Then it picked up a little and began to hold my interest and then went into a history lesson. Basic, but credible.

I said I was going to read this slowly and take it to heart.

I have to say that I am finding that the history as mentioned so far is not that difficult to obtain from any researcher worth his salt. I must say that I find Maktub's writings here to be of such background that I read his writing and get lost in the picture he takes you to within yourself following the past. He is a marvelous writer and explains things superbly. So far I am more impressed with the info that he has given above the writings of Mr Marquis.

I will give credit to him (and I know my words will mean nothing to him one way or another), that it could possibly be that he is taking things from grade one through the 12th grade and ending there without including the University info. Of course, this being a secret organization and all the info will never be put on the street. I will give credit to him that he certainly is giving a good, basic, overview of the group. I just wish he had put a little more meat into it.

Also, I have not read any of his other writings so I do not want to become too critical. And I am not a professional critic and it is my opinion only. Others may find there is meat in it for them. It does say that some will not understand it for they are not of the Aset Ka but I find that statement would be inserted for any group which its writings come out and take authority for its teachings. That stance you will find in the teachings of the Temple of Set, Temple of the Vampire, and the Church of Satan and others.

Again, maybe I will reverse my thoughts by the time I finish it. I will certainly post and declare my reversal of opinion.

I have not seen any other comments other than glowing. Would anyone else find a view even close to mine? If not, guess I am just out in left field, so far.

Does anyone here know the author in person other than just taking his word for what he writes.

Maybe my function is to just keep a balance. Forgive my sick humor.
Also, maybe my expectations were built up so high that I expected a little more meat in what I found.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helliana 26.08.08 19:21

You are very correct, Victor.

Maxx; I do not know him in person but we do speak. I am looking forward to your final review once you have finished the AB.
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 26.08.08 19:46

Hello Max, always nice to read your thoughts in this forum.

Unfortunately, I really don't agree with you on this one. Although some Kemetic history is presented in the Asetian Bible as background support for the text, many details presented in this work are not known by the general public and certainly would not be explained to you by any Egyptologist, except if one with former experience with ancient Asetian texts. Which to be honest, is highly rare among our kind.
Asetian history is a truly secretive subject, where tracing valid information is of extreme difficulty. I say this from personal experience, been working actively on the field when it comes to validate these things for quite some years now. Some details of that history are presented in the Asetian Bible. Some of that knowledge is only now, for the first time in history, publicly published. That alone makes the Asetian Bible a literary work of priceless value.

I thank you for your kind words in what you mentioned about my writing and knowledge, however I must say that I have my work made easier precisely by people like Luis Marques, who's astonishing insight into metaphysics and lost Asetian history made my understanding of these subjects possible. It is easier for me, with my long background in this subject and no attachments to any orders, rules or dogmas, to set out the information in a direct manner for a proper understanding. I enjoy a luxury that Mr. Marques did not have for this project, since I honestly can grasp how hard it is to present all the knowledge he did to the public and yet keep in pair with the Aset Ka's demands for secrecy. I have no doubts of how deeper goes Mr. Marques' knowledge, but this was all that the Asetians were willing to share with us for now. In content, or as you stated, in "meat", it presents far more than what it may seem on a first reading and I am sure you will grasp that soon.
There is also the subject of the subliminal information presented in the Asetian Bible and its transmutational properties, which is subject of heated debates on certain circles, and that in a way also explains the complexity in the writing of this work besides direct content.

Anyways, in no way doubt of how my knowledge and background are nothing but a drop in Marques' ocean of insight and evolution.

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.08.08 20:55

Thank you , Helliana, for your reply and for that first hand insight. I appreciate someone that has first hand knowledge with the author.

Also, thank you, Maktub, for your comments.

In fairness to the entire subject, I maybe should add that my years with other groups could possibly have given me more info about this subject than many out there and what I live on a day to day basis is maybe somewhat different than one who is just walking into the Vampire subject.
Of course, being I am older than dirt gives me a little more time to study these subjects. Not meaning to say that I am an authorivtative figure at all on anything, but I am just entering into the metaphysics section and his writing is plain and clear, but as yet I have found nothing that is new to me that I have not acquired in past study from other sources where his book would go into deeper.

Maybe I should have not written anything until I completed it. And my expectations were built way up out there to be so surprised at the first 64 pages. I was rather taken back by the authors quoting writers through out the book from other fields that had nothing to do with the ancient writings and implied that this mention of the subject lent more credibility to his statements. This is a turnoff for me. This technique has always made me highly critical of any author. I am sorry but that is something I cannot help.

I do love his description of the ego subject on page 137 and 138 and find it to be very credible. Of course, there are other topics that he goes into a great explaination of and makes it very easy to understand. I am not displeased with the entire book. I am enjoying it. Just minor sections I feel he could have gotten deeper into giving more insight.

Maybe I should lighten up and just finish before I go any farther........or just shut up completely and wait for Mr. Marques to slap me upside da head and get it over with.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 26.08.08 21:04

Em hotep Max,
The Asetian ways are not for everyone and not everyone gets the same vibration from the Book. But I, as do the rest of us, look forward to your comments and insights.
Yes, myself, Helliana and a few others here (I'll let them decide if they wish it public) are in touch with Luis Marques and other Asetians almost daily, an honor and blessing.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible? Empty To Talibah

Post by Maxx 26.08.08 21:19

To Talibah,

I read your first post at the head of this topic and there was a statement that you made saying to the effect that it could be all in my head........and that took me back in my head to a book that you may be interested in looking at that really helped bring clarity to my head. LOL.

It is "The Origin Of Consciousness In The Breakdown Of The Bicameral Mind" written by Julian Jaynes. There is a section pertaining to the Egyptian era included.

You might find some sections of it quite interesting.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.08.08 21:39

And to you A'nen Sedjet, Thank you very much in letting me know that you are in touch with the author.

I do want to say that, I am no way saying that I disagree with his writings and what he is saying, it is just that I expected more and have so far not found that much that is new compared with other sources I have studied with. His writings make things perfectly clear and easy to understand.

I will now return to my darkened cave and disappear and be forgotten. Smile. Thanks.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helliana 26.08.08 21:42

O_O You don't have to leave, we're all here to learn...some times we are over judgemental and make mistakes but we learn from then and everything is okay. But I understand if you want to leave the forum, if that is what you meant. I look forward to reading and learning from your posts quite often though I also understand your situation and your view on the matter.
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.08.08 21:49

Helliana,

That was said with tongue in cheek. Thaks for your concern. You are a true Jewel.

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Helliana 26.08.08 21:51

I kinda figured *blushes* sorry about that, just wanted to be sure. And thank you hehe. Embarassed
Helliana
Helliana
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 26.08.08 22:07

Maxx wrote:I was rather taken back by the authors quoting writers through out the book from other fields that had nothing to do with the ancient writings and implied that this mention of the subject lent more credibility to his statements. This is a turnoff for me. This technique has always made me highly critical of any author. I am sorry but that is something I cannot help.

I know what you mean, I myself felt the same in some other books by the use of quotes. But I believe you are missing the whole point in here, the quotes are not used as any "writing technique" and most of all not to lent any credibility to his texts. He is writing on a highly ancient tradition and history, that could never be given any credibility by modern quotes. What Luis Marques does in this work, and does it quite well, is quote other authors, both older and modern, both under occult and fiction, that wrote about things that are related with the Asetian concepts that he is dwelling on those pages. This gives an idea, although not always directly, on how history and the world was influenced, in silence, by the ancient Asetian tradition. They influenced religions, thinkers, poets, musicians, occultists and fiction writers. In a way or another, the world is filled with these clues that in a way connect us, direct or indirectly, to the Asetians past. And those quotes accomplish that...

I pity that you saw it as a mere writing technique to lent credibility. I believe that you're missing the whole point on this...
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 26.08.08 22:22

Thank you, Victor. I always value your opinion. You make a great connection there in your description and lend a very positive air to his use of those quotes.

Please let me give you another picture that I always have in my mind.

The use of Bible quotes that change the meaing of the context to help prove the writer correct in whatever topic he is using. Always gets my temper up.

But I understand your meaning in that Mr Marques was coming forward in time to influence others from the symbols, etc., instead of going backwards in time to make the statements seem connected. A very positive thought.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to be so affected by the Asetian Bible? Empty A surprise

Post by Maxx 27.08.08 7:56

I will report an overnight happening on this thread as it relates to the topic here.

After getting up at 3 am I went back to bed. I then found myself in a gathering. At first there were not many people there. I watched several people and mingled with them and saw three females along with several males. As time when by, I was aware that I was within a dream. I even changed some things around to prove to myself. I spoke to the leader and said to him that I know you are a leader of men and you should teach others. He was a blonde gentlemen or light hair that could have been gray but he had a youthful appearance. Very soon there were more and more people that began to appear within the building. It did appear that the man I talked to did not want to teach a group, but because of the necessity involved of getting this information out, he relented. I watched as many now began to appear within the building and line the walls sitting down for instruction. I walked over to one side in a small alcove and looked up at a picture of the three females I had talked to earlier. As I watched, the picture turned into a mirror and the three all walked out of the picture and walked by me with the last one stopping at my side and touching my shoulder said, "Don't worry, You are in the right place". Immediately, I thought of this topic I had posted. She smiled and repeated it again saying "You are in the right place". After that, I knew that I was going back to my body and awake but I did not want to leave. I focused on staying longer and forced the stay. At some point I had the leader come and offer me his leather jacket as it was getting colder. I thanked him and felt that was a very thoughtful gesture. He is of the old school......he has manners. I decided that I would spend more time here with these nice people. There was an air about the place that made it easy to be around everyone. A little girl came up to me and said that she was happy I would stay but that I had to go...........Then the phone rang and brought me back.

I will not get into longer details as I suspect many of you feel I talk too much anyway------but I did feel this was outside of the inner workings of the dream world and into the next level dealing with my comments on Mr Marques's book the Asetian Bible. I look forward to the increase of individuals that will be coming to this board to learn from what the Bible teaches. Freedom from the encasement of the body.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 27.08.08 11:07

That damn phone!! What a Face
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 28.08.08 3:45

To Maxx

I've read some of that book. But, please, allow me to clarify something. I infact stated that I hoped it was not 'wishful thinking' on my part...not that anything was 'in my head'.
I was attempting to imply that I had connected with the book on a far greater level that I could have hoped for..thus rendering me sceptical of my own "excitement" (for want of a better word)
When the early pages suggest that what follows is Asetian specific, and that to the non-Asetian, little of it may bear sense or relevance, to find oneself understanding it, was to some extent an incredible revelation, that I had not expected, yet had wished for.
I simply wanted to be sure that such an internal revelation could not be attributed to my own desires to understand it fully.

I hope that makes sense and thank you, anyway.
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxx 28.08.08 7:39

Of course. Words hardly ever really describe on paper what one actually wants to say anyway. Completely understand this time.

Regards,

Maxx
Maxx
Maxx
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next