iPALINDROME
Maktub
Laura
Karnath
Jonathan
35 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Do vampires have any religion or path? Empty Do vampires have any religion or path?

Post by Jonathan 05.06.08 10:18

I was wondering if there is anything like an "official" religion that real vampires follow. Like a spiritual path, group of tenets or established dogmas, as in the pagan community where witches follow Wicca and other witchcrafting traditions, mostly drawn from the European celtic culture. Same goes for Shamans and Druids, everyone in the occult society seems to have their own tradition and religious practices to follow. But what about vampires?

I can't talk much about it, but from my own reading and personal observation and talks in goth clubs and bars here in the US, most people that entitle themselves as vampires are mostly Satanists, and by this I don't mean people that worship Satan or evil but practitioners of Satanism as a Left Hand Path tradition as proposed by Anton LaVey.
And the few that don't actually act like the devil himself and all spooky Satanists, tend to be Atheists, which also causes me some doubts and leaves me to think... are not vampires self-proclaimed as beings of deep thought and a highly connection with the spiritual world?
If so, how come they are mostly not highly religious people? I would honestly expect the opposite...

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Number of posts : 3028
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Back to top Go down

Do vampires have any religion or path? Empty Re: Do vampires have any religion or path?

Post by Maktub 05.06.08 18:14

That is... well... because they are not vampires. Twisted Evil
You are right to expect the opposite, because the opposite is right.

However, there is no official religion that vampires follow. There is no strict rules, guidelines or dogmas. The close that I can find to a true vampiric tradition at heart, that is not a new-age path, but something established and believable, is Asetianism.

Asetianism is an ancient tradition, with roots in Ancient Egypt that dates all the way back to the Sep Tepy, an era of the "Gods", before Dynastic Egypt. Many vampires tend to identify with that tradition, because well, Asetianism was created by vampires. The first immortal bloodline in history - the Asetians. They have a highly developed system of predatory spirituality and vampiric magick, which allures highly to vampires. But not only vampires follow it, many otherkin tend to enjoy the depth of it and blend in the tradition, one way or another. I might write a small introductory post about Asetianism one of these days and publish it on the category about the Aset Ka's tradition. I just need to find a free time and the mind to do it.
Anyways, if you never heard of it, you might be interested in getting some basic information, but nevertheless highly philosophic, from the official website of the Order where the Asetians blong: http://www.asetka.org

About what you said, I can understand what you mean. Many self-procclimed vampires are Satanists or Atheists. And some don't even know what they are. Well, that's because most of that people are not really vampires, but people that simply adapt the archetype. That is even more common where you live. In the USA the vampire community is filled with that kind of people, making it really hard to distinguish the real occultists from the role-playing people. In Europe we have a longer tradition of magick and the occult, and our vampiric community is actually quite more secretive and mature. But you can find interesting people in both places, at least if you know where to look.

Where from in the USA are you anyways?

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Do vampires have any religion or path? Empty Re: Do vampires have any religion or path?

Post by Jonathan 05.06.08 19:15

From the heart of New York. Very Happy Supposedly a city of vampires... lol

Thanks a lot for the insight Maktub. I was not fully aware of the Asetians tradition. But I am reading on the link you gave and find it most interesting. Seems like a mature tradition. Great artwork and symbolism by the way.
See, thats the kind of stuff that I can't find here over the US, you know what I mean? Neutral I will get more into this tradition and their concepts and comment more on it later.

But tell me, you ended up not fully answering me, are real living vampires beings of a strong spirituality and religious people, in any way?
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Karnath 06.06.08 12:16

Greetings to all.
But tell me, you ended up not fully answering me, are real living vampires beings of a strong spirituality and religious people, in any way?

Concerning Asetian vampires, they have indeed strong spirituality and are very devoted and religious. About Sethians, the Asetians' opposite (who are still considered vampires), some of them too have these characteristics. But this is a far more complicated matter than it might seem.

Now, if you consider any other vampires to be real, some might have strong spirituality, some might have not. They can also be religious people, having a tradition they follow. Some can even be Asetianists, and follow the path as they can.

I hope I had your question answered.

Best regards, Karnath.
Karnath
Karnath
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 06.06.08 12:37

Jonathan,

Karnath said partially what I was about to say. Asetian vampires and related bloodlines are very spiritual people with an intense connection with the metaphysical. They are very deep people, following an also deep tradition.

As for vampires in general it actually depends. But most real vampires, and not merely people that chose the archetype, tend to be also quite religious people.
Maybe sometimes you can't see that in the people that you meet at the goth and party clubs, but as yourself stated, those are not really the true vampires out there.

Maktub.
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura 07.06.08 23:23

The way I see it is... first (at least for me) it is important to separate religion from spirituality. For example from what I see in my family there are very catholic people, extremely religious (go to every Sunday mass, pray all day long) but I would not consider them spiritual at all, they chose not to think, not to take care of their energy, meditate, have any real contact what so ever with their god (I do not judge people on the god they worship). So, for me the first thing is separating spirituality from religion.

Now, answering the question. I think a vampire, by nature is spiritual. Considering the fact that great part of their existence is the contact with the spiritual world a vampire that is not spiritual in some way is a vampire that denies his own essence. A vampire is spiritual but does not HAVE TO follow a specific religion (catholic, Christian, Muslim, Buddhism), it can simply worship life, energy or a divine force that does not fall into any of the already established religions.

Besides, to my consideration, many already established religions are based on leaving the followers in ignorance. I also think that being a vampire is to want to learn, like part of it’s essence is a curiosity that burns if just left alone. So I think that many vampires do not follow these paths, but look for more spiritual paths or for a religious system that is based in knowledge, spiritual growth (like Asetianism).
Laura
Laura
Outsider
Outsider

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 08.06.08 8:56

From my conclusions:
Concerning Asetians, the traditional Kemetic system is the first true religion of Mankind (Earthly Plane). Through comparative religious studies one can find multiple and parallel connections back to the original Kemetic system thus enforcing the original connection to Kemeticism.
Kemeticism being a polytheistic system allows for a monotheistic principle to unfold. Unlike most other religions (Abrahamic especially) the primeval consciousness of the Universe - Amon / Atum, as the enabler of all the other Gods / Goddess is not thought of as a monotheistic God. Amon is a duality that gives birth to all the principles of the Universe and it is these principles that manifest on our Earthly plane as something we (Mankind) can fathom, they are Gods & Goddesses.
A non-Asetian vampire, of course free to choose and follow any religious path they wish, I think would be better off following their primordial path, the Kemetic system.
All vampire paths come from Aset and all other paths eventually lead back to Aset.
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2008-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 11.06.08 14:25

Thank you all for the answers and insight.

I understood that if we trace back the vampiric traditions it all leads us to Kemet and to Asetianism, being the Asetians the first vampiric bloodline.

But now I was wondering, are there any other traditions around the globe that would also make sense for a vampire to follow? Probably nothing as deep and ancient as Asetianism, but any other well established system for vampires?

Jonathan
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Maktub 12.06.08 9:14

Jonathan, if you are looking for serious, well-established traditions with a strong metaphysical component as well as spiritual framework, I would have to say no, there are no traditions out there as vampiric and true as Asetianism.

However, there are other systems, that although modern have been in use for a long time. A good example of this is the American house known as the Temple of the Vampire. They have a vampiric system of their own, highly ritualistic, that aims in the use of vampiric magick to achieve personal power. It is a different view of vampirism, since it is not based in vampires as a condition of the soul, but actually as humans using vampiric magick and empowerment based on the archetype. Unfortunately they are too into money schemes, where members are demanded considerable amounts of cash to be part of their rankings. So in this way, again, we cannot parallel them with the Aset Ka who's membership is never attached to any money, payments or anything alike. Actually in the Aset Ka, membership can only be done through direct invitation by the Order higher ranks.

As for your question on other traditions, I have met vampires following Buddhism and many other non-vampiric traditions. So I believe whatever truly fits your Soul should be your path.

Maktub
Maktub
Maktub
Insider
Insider

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor 12.06.08 13:12

The Ancient Kemetic religion is the true path for Vampires. And Asetianism is their own secret religion.

Call them Sethians, Asetians, Keepers or humans into the scene, all those paths and ways entwine in Asetianism as one single religious doctrine of mysteries.

The proof is that even Sethians that fight the Aset Ka since the beginning of times use a magickal and spiritual system driven from Aset's Asetianism. To me that says it all...
Victor
Victor
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by iPALINDROME 08.03.09 23:40

well, i personally practice Taoism. i don't think there's one solid religion vampires all practice, but more legends and stuff like what some of my mentors have taught me.
iPALINDROME
iPALINDROME
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-08

http://myspace.com/savvy_sevenfold

Back to top Go down

Post by Talibah 09.03.09 3:25

iPALINDROME, ust a quick question, what do you know of Asetianism?

(sorry if this is off topic slightly) Smile
Talibah
Talibah
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 16.05.09 23:24

Mmm..im confused. I've read up a little on Asetianism and I'm liking it the best...I did consider being a Wicca but I found out some bad stuff from my friend who is one and i do not want to get involved with what she did. I suppose im just frustrated and very confused on what i should turn to once i change to a vampire. because once i do that i am leaving my human family and their dominance obscessed Christianity behind. Quick question. You don't have to be a vampire or otherkin to practice all of Asetianism right? (although dont matter much I can't switch out of this cursed christianity chirade until I ditch this family anyay)
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 17.05.09 8:27

Dreiyan wrote:Mmm..im confused. I've read up a little on Asetianism and I'm liking it the best...I did consider being a Wicca but I found out some bad stuff from my friend who is one and i do not want to get involved with what she did. I suppose im just frustrated and very confused on what i should turn to once i change to a vampire. because once i do that i am leaving my human family and their dominance obscessed Christianity behind. Quick question. You don't have to be a vampire or otherkin to practice all of Asetianism right? (although dont matter much I can't switch out of this cursed christianity chirade until I ditch this family anyay)

I'm afraid you won't be seeing yourself becoming a vampire any time soon. Asetianism is a path, and the Dark Kiss is extremely reserved for people who have dedicated themselves and proven themselves worthy. Welcome to the site btw.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 17.05.09 12:18

Thanks. Well I guess it was obvious I wouldnt be getting that far so quick. But I just want anything but Christianity once I leave. Im scared of going to Wicca because my friend (although she thinks I dont know) used a very bad ritual to become a vampire. I believe she is screwed in this life and her afterlife because of it. She didnt even become a full vamp either. She just got the ability of re-incarnation and bloodlust. When I do become one (if I do, I still have a few issues believing everything about their existence) I just want to get free for awhile and then when I am used to living that life, find a place/community where I and people like me are appreciated and can belong.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 17.05.09 12:57

Dreiyan, did you ever read the Asetian Bible? I would recommend you to read it first, so you can learn the basics of vampirism and what not to expect. I see that you bring many misconceptions from myth and popular culture, but reading that book will give you in depth insight about vampirism in its true form, so you can better understand the vampiric framework. Most people in here can help you with any doubts you may have while reading that book.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankhhape 17.05.09 15:53

Dreiyan: you are in the wrong forum
Ankhhape
Ankhhape
Banned

Number of posts : 387

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel09 17.05.09 19:13

Dreiyan wrote:Thanks. Well I guess it was obvious I wouldnt be getting that far so quick. But I just want anything but Christianity once I leave. Im scared of going to Wicca because my friend (although she thinks I dont know) used a very bad ritual to become a vampire. I believe she is screwed in this life and her afterlife because of it. She didnt even become a full vamp either. She just got the ability of re-incarnation and bloodlust. When I do become one (if I do, I still have a few issues believing everything about their existence) I just want to get free for awhile and then when I am used to living that life, find a place/community where I and people like me are appreciated and can belong.

First off, Wicca has nothing to do with vampirism, and it's very likely she has done nothing but change her life-style. There's obviously no way to prove she suddenly has an immortal soul. Second, we're not like you. We are all individual seekers of the truth, who study the hidden knowledge of a book presented in the form of a bible about vampirism as related to Asetians and the Aset Ka. I suggest that you become familiar with and correct yourself before speaking further of becoming something which is a mere imitation of the true vampire, something which is neither the vampire of fiction or the kind you read about on sites like Sanguinarius or Psychic-Vampire. It is not something to strive for, not something to expect, it is merely a side fact that cannot be avoided and has nothing to do with what an Asetian stands for.
Daniel09
Daniel09
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 850
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 19.05.09 0:09

ok I will attempt to read it when i am able. I assume part/all of it can be found online. It's risky enough that i am on this site with my parents around. Sorry that there is so much I don't understand and so much the world confuses me on. But it's kinda what I expected when I came to this site.

The topic is on religion. Thought it would be appropriate to post about religion. If i'm in the wrong topic then you should probably add the correct topic in your post correcting me Ankhape.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Syrianeh 20.05.09 3:08

Dreiyan, welcome to the forum.

I would suggest, if I may, that you take some time to read quietly about what interests you and at the same time try to keep a critical mind. It seems that you are mainly interested in an alternative, any alternative, to your religious surroundings. You should be able to make some conscious choices about what it really is that you want before you go for it.

I would go as far as to think that your Wiccan friend is no more a vampire or even half a vampire, as you imply, than her imagination is trying to push.
Syrianeh
Syrianeh
Expert
Expert

Number of posts : 708
Registration date : 2008-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 20.05.09 4:14

Dreiyan wrote:You don't have to be a vampire or otherkin to practice all of Asetianism right?

Welcome to Vampirism Forum.

It depends what you mean by "practice". If you mean simply studying Asetianism, then no, you do not have to be an Asetian to do so.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan 20.05.09 10:37

Anyone can study Asetianism like anyone can potentially become an Asetianist. The Aset Ka does not keep control over that, just influence and guidance. (Note that not everyone can be an Asetian, being an Asetian is not being an Asetianist. Different things, different concepts.) All it takes is loyalty to the Asetians, spiritual evolution and an undeniable thirst for knowledge and perfection. If you can identify with all of this, then give it a try...

As far as what you said on the Asetian Bible I would say that no, most of it you cannot really find online. Many things in this book are very specific to Asetians and Asetianists and knowledge that was kept secret for more than 8000 years since their empire in Egypt. Read the book, even if you end up not identifying with the Asetian ways, you will surely not regret the reading, it can be enlightening to virtually anyone with an open mind.
Jonathan
Jonathan
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Aghrab 20.05.09 14:27

The great thing about the Asetian Bible is that it is not so strictly for people who are interested in Vampirism, to read it. Much of the information within the book is not strictly focusing on the subject of Vampirism. Anyone with a sense of love towards Aset, Ancient Egypt, or simply energy work, can benefit greatly from reading the Asetian Bible.

Aghrab
Aghrab
Aghrab
Adept
Adept

Number of posts : 492

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamer 20.05.09 21:37

Aghrab wrote:The great thing about the Asetian Bible is that it is not so strictly for people who are interested in Vampirism, to read it. Much of the information within the book is not strictly focusing on the subject of Vampirism. Anyone with a sense of love towards Aset, Ancient Egypt, or simply energy work, can benefit greatly from reading the Asetian Bible.

Aghrab

I really agree with you.
Dreamer
Dreamer
Insider
Insider

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-04-27

http://www.twitter.com/BleedingDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreiyan 21.05.09 11:49

I see. Well I guess I will have to wait till i leave my parents home in a few years. I can't risk attempting to get a hold of something like that while living with them (they really do watch me and are strict). I think i can visit this site regularly now without fear of being caught but its a gamble as always. Thanks for the help, i will try to focus on other areas of this site apart from religion at the moment.
Dreiyan
Dreiyan
Beginner
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next